Summer is almost here which means a vacation is in order. How do we go about planning a vacation without breaking the bank? Here are some ideas:
1. ROAD TRIP! Gather the family (or friends) and hit the road. Make a stop at the Grand Canyon or Elitch Gardens and spend some time in nature or touring some shops and museums. Quality time with the fam or your closest pals is always a fun time.
2. Use Airbnb! For those of you who don't know, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries! Talk about some options. If you're home for the summer and looking to make some extra cash, put that spare bedroom on Airbnb and earn some money.
3. Tour New Mexico. New Mexico is beautiful and if you like the outdoors, then you're in luck because you have a lot of options. White Sands, Santa Rosa Blue Hole, Carlsbad Caverns, camping in Ruidoso, zip-lining in Angel Fire...the list really goes on...be a local tourist!
4. STAY-cation. Yes, this is a thing and it's pretty fun. Here's the idea- you stay at home, but you act like you're on vacation which means no work, eating junk food, going to the pool, shopping, and watching movies until 2am. Affordable, yet still a vacation.
5. Camping. Grab your cooler and fill it with hotdogs, marshmallows - the necessities, and head for the mountains. Set up your tent, lay out your sleep bag, and tell your best spooky story. Camping is affordable and away from the city, so you still get that vacation-feel with the plus of nature for the weekend.
Summer is right around the corner, so remember, you can still vacay without spending thousands of dollars. A vacation can be a tent in the backyard or a movie marathon in your living room. Just remember to take some time off, relax, and maybe spend some quality time with your loved ones or pet!